Like all of you, the staff here at ZRock is f*(&ing ready to see our favorite artists live! The artists were really excited to see all of their adoring fans as well, but given the uncertainty of cancellations for future events, we decided to put together a list of known information so far.
News Update – August 19 – has updated the ACL Festival Health Policy A printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend ACL Festival 2021. The negative COVID-19 printed test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of attending ACL Festival. Patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. Information related to masks will be released closer to the festival dates.
News Update – August 16 – Fifteen independent Arizona music venues have come together to announce that they will be requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test to attend a concert
News Update: August 13 – Widespread Panic postpones Austin concerts after lead singer John Bell tested positive for COVID. The shows are now scheduled for October 8 – 10.
Rock the South is on this weekend (Aug 13-14), but some lineup changes have occurred: read the details here.
AEG Presents will require proof of vaccination for entry into its concerts, venues, and festivals.
If you are planning on attending Bonnaroo this September, make sure you’re staying up to date with their regulations and rules regarding masking up.
- Masks are required for everyone while attending the indoor venue
- You must produce a negative COVID test to get into any of the venues.
- Take a look at more of their requirements for attendance here
For those of us who are based in Texas and will most certainly be making the drive to Austin for this year’s ACL, there hasn’t been a whole lot of news – yet. Here’s what we know:
- Duran Duran will be replacing Stevie Nicks after she pulled out of the remainder of her shows, citing the Delta variant and health concerns.
- Tyler, the Creator will be replacing DaBaby after his tumultuous week.
- Read more about what’s going on at ACL here.
Other cancellations and postponements are coming from bands that are touring around the US:
- Lynyrd Skynyrd has cancelled a string of their concerts after a band member tested positive for COVID within the past week.
- Tesla have postponed shows after guitarist Frank Hannon tested positive for COVID
- Limp Bizkit cancelled the remainder of their concerts for the year over concerns of mounting cases.
- Dead & Company issue own COVID-19 protocols for upcoming tour
- The Rolling Stones have officially canceled their Buffalo concert
- Fall Out Boy recently came back to the Hella Mega Tour after a positive COVID test a few weeks ago.
Stay connected with us on our socials to stay in the loop for all the upcoming cancellation or mandate updates. You can connect with us on our Facebook, where we ask weekly questions for the chance to win some epic swag, here. Tweet us your most absurd opinions on our Twitter. Or follow us to see all the local bands that are making their come up on our Instagram here.
Further reading: Rock Music Menu: Surging Covid wreaks havoc on concert tours
Leave a Reply